This bracelet achieves dimensional impact by stacking and then joining three separate braids together. The top braid with the iridescent teardrops sits snugly between the outer braids giving the effect of one seamless unit. Featured in 2016 Kumihimo Fiber & Bead Jewelry Magazine.
The highlight of this bracelet are the Czech glass Hematite iridescent rainbow teardrops. Also available in Silver.
- Toho 8º beads
- Czech 6x4mm teardrop beads
- CzechMate 2-hole Lentils
- S-Lon/C-Lon Bead Cord Tex 210 (#18)
Additional Supplies needed to complete project:
- Marudai, 8 Tama, & Counterweight – or- Kumihimo disk & 8 bobbins
- 4 ft. (1.25m) 10lb. Fireline®, or micro C/SLon cord
- Beading needle or big-eye needle
- FrayCheck, Gum Arabic or similar product (for stiffening cord ends)
- 2-part epoxy glue
Technique: Kumihimo Beaded Braid
Skills: Proficiency with 2-Drop Kongoh and bead counting
Level of Experience: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate