Kumihimo on the Double (Two To Tango) was featured in Bead & Button Magazine, June 2016. Although the instructions in the magazine were for making this on the marudai, disk instructions are included in the instructions.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO COMPLETE PROJECT
10 grams 11º round seed beads (Japanese Toho or Miyuki recommended)
6 grams 6º Toho seed beads
3 grams 3mm Toho magatama teardrops (not slanted magatamas)
70 CzechMates 6mm 2 Hole Lentils
36 CzechMates 2 Hole SuperDuos
SLon/CLon Tex 135
Magnetic clasp: Approx. 24 x 22mm (Opening to fit 20mm flat leather). Many color and style options available at KumihimoResource.com.
Other supplies needed to complete project:
• Marudai, eight weighted tama, 25% counterweight
– or – Kumihimo round disk with eight bobbins
• Beading Thread: Micro CLon/SLon, One•G, or K.O.
• #10 or #12 Beading Needle, or big eye needle
• Thread Zapper or lighter
• Hemostat Clamp (smooth jaw) or any jewelry pliers
• 2-Part Epoxy Glue
• 3rd Hand Tweezers (optional)
• Gum Arabic, Fray Check, or similar product (optional)
Technique: Kumihimo Beaded Braid
Skills: 2-Drop Kongoh & Bead Counting Level of Experience:
Advanced Beginner to Intermediate